WGXC-90.7 FM

Hundreds lose power in Greene County

Oct 14, 2015 5:49 am
Kate Seckinger is reporting in The Daily Mail approximately 700 people were without power in Durham and parts of Cairo for more than an hour on Tue., Oct. 13. Chris Valdez, a spokesman for Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp., said the outage was caused when a squirrel is believed to have bitten through some electrical wires on a pole at the intersection of Frank Hitchcock Road and County Route 20. Valdez said damage caused by wild animals is not a regular occurrence, but is more commonplace than some might think. “Most wouldn’t think the damage at one pole like that could cause an outage for that many people, but it did. Fortunately, it was brief,” Valdez said.