Afrosonic Taxi: Femi Kuti, Eyo'Nle Brass Band, Elida Almeida
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR.
This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we'll travel from Cabo Verde to Colombia with several stops in between, searching for brassy sounds with a tropical flavor.
1. Bidibido by Elida Almeida (Cabo Verde)
2. Cumbia Universal by Gregorio Uribe Big Band feat. Ruben Blades (Colombia/Panama)
3. Mulato by Grupo Fantasma (USA)
4. Convivencia by Ola Fresca (Cuba)
5. I No Be Criminal by London Afrobeat Collective (England/Congo/Italy/France/New Zealand)
6. Me Robaste el Sueno by Mama Julia y los Sonidos Ambulantes (Colombia)
7. Yoruba by Gangbe Brass Band feat. Femi Kuti (Benin/Nigeria)
8. Water Know No Enemy by Eyo'Nle Brass Band (Benin)
9. Fine Tuner by The Hot 8 Brass Band (USA)
10. Odoo Be Ba by Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band (Ghana/Germany)
11. Seydou by Les Ambassadeurs (Mali)