Local election results
Mar 21, 2012 3:01 pm
In Columbia County, village elections were held in Philmont, Chatham and Kinderhook.
- Incumbent trustee Barbara Sagal and newcomer Matthew Perry captured the two open seats on the Philmont Village Board. Veteran trustee/Deputy Mayor Brian Johnson lost his bid for re-election by two votes.
- In Chatham, incumbent trustee George Grant (188 votes) and former mayor Paul Boehme (179 votes) were bested by political rookies Lenore Packet (319 votes) and Adrienne Morrell (306 votes) in the contest for two seats on the village board.
- In Kinderhook, Mayor Carol Weaver ran unopposed, as did Village Justice David A. Dellehunt. Incumbent trustees Rich Phillips and Brian Murphy defeated challenger Sue Chiafullo in the three-way race for two seats on the village Board of Trustees.
In Greene County, village elections were held in Athens, Catskill, Coxsackie, Hunter and Tannersville.
- In Athens, Deputy Mayor Herman Reinhold and Trustee Gail Lasher defeated newcomer John Moree for two seats on the village board.
- Incumbents swept the races in Catskill. Maria LaRosa defeated former village trustee and village president Chris Lewoc to win her own two-year term as village justice. Trustees James Chewens and Patrick McCulloch were re-elected, defeating challenger Stanley Dushane.
- In Coxsackie, Trustee Dianne Ringwald and Damian Johnston handily defeated Deputy Town Supervisor Donald Daoust and Darryl Proper to capture two open seats.
- Incumbent Michael Tancredi was elected to his sixth three-year term on the Hunter Village Board. In Tannersville, Trustee Leigh J. V. McGunnigle kept his seat and his colleague Brian Walsh successfully held off a write-in challenge from local businessman Jason Dugo, winning by a margin of six votes.
Election results are unofficial pending routine re-canvassing and the counting of absentee ballots.
Read full election coverage in the Register Star and The Daily Mail.