WGXC-90.7 FM

Agreement reached on teacher evaluation

Feb 17, 2012 12:06 am
After days of intense negotiation, Governor Andrew Cuomo, state Education Commissioner John King and New York State United Teachers President Richard C. Iannuzzi announced Fri., Feb. 16, the state and NYSUT reached agreement on a new statewide teacher evaluation system. The accord makes the state "a national leader" on the issue, Cuomo said. The agreement provides guidance to local districts for the implementation of a process that makes good on the state's promise to put in place a teacher evaluation system as a condition of its $700 million federal Race to the Top award. Under the plan, teachers will be graded on a scale of 0 to 100 points; 60 percent of the score is based on teacher performance, measured through classroom observation, parent, and student feedback via evaluator or professional development activities. The remaining 40 percent will be awarded based on student performance on state and local exams. Watch the Governor's press conference online.
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Contact Info
info@wavefarm.org
info@wgxc.org
Mailing: PO Box 13 Acra, NY 12405
Main Office / Acra Studio
(518) 622-2598
WGXC Office
(518) 697-7400
WGXC Hudson Studio
(518) 828-0290
WGXC Feedback
(518) 212-7509 feedback@wgxc.org
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Studio: 5662 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405
WGXC Hudson Studio: 369 Warren St. Hudson, NY 12534