Afrosonic Taxi: Muyiwa Kununji, Gabacho Maroc, Sabine Kabongo
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR.
This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we'll explore the fusion of musical styles created by collaborations between African artists and those in Europe and America.
1. Afro Butter by Casa Mantequilla (USA/Nigeria/Guinea/Belgium)
2. Afro! by les Freres Smith (France)
3. Mazouglave by Grant Phabao Afrofunk Arkestra feat. Muyiwa Kununji (France/Nigeria)
4. Min He Mon bge by The Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble (Benin/Finland)
5. Fa Nka Bom by Afla Sackey & AfrikBawantu (Ghana/England)
6. Dara by Gabacho Maroc (Morocco/France)
7. Changanya by Lakuta (England/Tanzania/Kenya/Ghana)
8. Zap Gallo by Manou Gallo feat. Marie Daulne, Sabine Kabongo, Lene Norgaard Christensen (Cote d'Ivoire/Congo/Belgium)
9. Epidemia by Cacique '97 (Portugal/Mozambique)
10. Comme Tu Es by Koto Brawa & The Wakman (Burkina Faso)
11. Yen Djiguengny by Africando (Senegal/Puerto Rico/USA)