WGXC-90.7 FM

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 local almanac

Jan 21, 2014 12:01 am
Weather right now

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="128"] Cairo: High 12F; low -1F.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="125"] Catskill: High 13F; low 0F.[/caption]









READ TEMPERATURE IN HUDSON: On thermometer in Studio A.

FAR LEFT: The temperature on the far left is from the Hawthorne Valley Farm Weather Page.
MIDDLE TEMP: Cairo from Weather Underground page.
FAR RIGHT: Catskill from Weather Underground page.

Local weather forecast
Today’s forecast is specific to Catskill, in Greene County:

The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Wind Chill Advisory for the Capital Region, central Mohawk Valley, northern Taconics, northeast Catskills and southern Vermont, effective 6 p.m., Tues., Jan. 21, through noon, Wed., Jan. 22. Dangerously cold wind chill readings of 15 to 25 below zero are expected. The combination of wind and very cold temperatures Tuesday night into Wednesday morning will produce low wind chill values.

Today: A chance of snow, mainly after 3 p.m. Cloudy. High near 15. Wind chill values as low as zero. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Total daytime snow accumulation of around one inch possible. Tuesday night, snow likely before 11 p.m. Cloudy. Low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -12. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Forecast for the next three days:
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny. High near 11. Wind chil values as low as -13. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy. Low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -10.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy. High near 19. Thursday night, cloudy. Low around 2.
Friday: Mostly sunny. High near 19. Friday night, mostly cloudy. Low around 12.

Sunrise today: 7:17 a.m.
Sunset today: 4:56 p.m.

Length of the day: 9:39 hrs.

Town meetings

Today is the third Tuesday of the month.
WGXC suggests calling ahead to confirm time and location.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Board of Supervisors Airport Committee meeting at 3 p.m., Economic Development Committee meeting at 5 p.m., Government Committee meeting at 6 p.m., all at 401 State St. in Hudson (828-1527).
DURHAM Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. at Town Building, 7309 State Rt. 81, East Durham (239-8260).
HILLSDALE Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall on Main Street (325-5073).
HUDSON Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m., Regular Common Council meeting at 7 p.m., both at City Hall, 520 Warren Street, Hudson (828-1030).
HUNTER Meeting at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, 5748 Route 23A, Tannersville (589-6150).
LEXINGTON Town board meeting at 7 p.m., at Municipal Building, 3542 Route 42, Lexington, (986-6303).
TAGHKANIC Planning Board workshop meeting at 7 p.m. at Town Hall on Route 82 in West Taghkanic (851-7638).

The day ahead on 90.7-FM

12 a.m. (midnight): Radio Stew: radioCona REuseCityREuseRadio City at Night Radio Cona broadcasts from Slovenia. Wave Farm Radio and WGXC will re-transmit these broadcast through Jan. 20 live each day at 1 p.m. ET (-5 UTC). radioCona REuseCityREuseRadio is a research/exhibition project that takes place across an FM frequency, a gallery, and urban space. It focuses on parallel possible uses of the city and radio frequencies. It brings together and presents a selection of works combining the medium of radio or sound with a certain site or place, with a special focus on nighttime. Monday 20 January, Tobačna 001 and radioCona. 7:20 p.m. Slovenia time (+1 UTC): lectures Jeff Kolar: ALERT! Transmission, Playback and Remix. Volkmar Klien: Sounds and their Consonances. 8:30 p.m.: performances. Jeff Kolar: GSM Buzz. Volkmar Klien: Zeugnisse vergangener Lebensformen. Tune in on Wave Farm Radio live, with WGXC rebroadcasting from midnight to 6 a.m. Mon., Jan. 21.

6 a.m.: Background Briefing with Ian Masters Inside breaking international and national news. A radio program featuring international and national news, expert guests, policy makers and critics with analysis and insight on national security, foreign and domestic policy, political, cultural and social issues. This program goes far beyond the headlines and deep under the radar to bring forward truths unheard in the American media.
7 a.m.: WGXC Morning Show Morning news, music, interviews features and agriculture reporting. Hosted by Phil Grant. Call in with your views at 518-828-0290.
8 a.m.: Democracy Now! hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez.
9 a.m.: WGXC Morning Show The Morning Show continues with local news, weather and events.
2 p.m.: Hudson Valley Tap Show Betsy Cothren, Randy Finley Host Ken Landin interviews home brewers Betsy Cothren and Randy Finley.
3 p.m.: Social Graces: Kim Bach Host Nan Marron interviews Kim Back of Verdigris Tea.
4 p.m.: WGXC Afternoon Show Live from the Catskill Community Center. Hosted by Peter Krug and Jillian Sutton.
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Contact Info
Mailing: PO Box 13 Acra, NY 12405
Physical: 5662 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405
Main Office / Acra Studio
(518) 622-2598, info@wavefarm.org

WGXC Contact Info
Hudson Studio
369 Warren St. Hudson, NY 12534
WGXC Office
(518) 697-7400
WGXC Hudson Studio
(518) 828-0290
WGXC Feedback Line
(518) 212-7509