WGXC-90.7 FM

June 23, 2011 local almanac

Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am
The National Weather Service reports a Flash Flood Watch for Greene and Columbia counties through 6 p.m. Thursday. The NWS predicts showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 p.m., with a high near 78. Thursday night showers are likely, with a low around 66. Friday there is also a 60 percent chance of showers, with a high near 81. Saturday there is a 40 percent chance of showers, with a high near 79 and Sunday should be mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Town meetings today
CHATHAM Village Board meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Village Hall, 77 Main Street, Chatham (392-5821).
COLUMBIA COUNTY Budget/Salary Committee at 10:00 a.m.
Public Works Committee at 6 p.m. at County Office Building, 401 State Street, Hudson.
COPAKE Zoning Board of Appeals meeting at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, 230 Mt. View Road, Copake (329-1234).
GERMANTOWN Planning Board meeting at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, 50 Palatine Park Road, Germantown (537-6687).
HUDSON Historic Preservation Committee at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 520 Warren Street, Hudson (828-1030).
STUYVESANT Greenway Committee meeting at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, 5 Sunset Drive, Stuyvesant (758-6248).
WINDHAM Town Board meets at 8 p.m. at Town Hall, 371 State Rt. 296, Hensonville (734-4170).

The skies above
TIDES Hudson: High, 9:24 a.m./Low, 4 p.m.
SUNRISE/SUNSET 5:25 a.m./8:30 p.m.
MOONRISE/MOONSET 12:23 a.m./1:20 p.m./Last Quater begins at 6:49 a.m.

June 23 June Carter Cash, Wilma Rudolph, Clarence Thomas, Frances McDormand, and Steve Shelley.

Tune in today
WGXC MORNING SHOW Mariel Fiori and Antonio Flores-Lobos present the morning news, music, other features, agriculture reporting, and more in English and Spanish. 6-8 a.m.
DEMOCRACY NOW! Hosted by Amy Goodman. 8 a.m.
WGXC MORNING SHOW Sara Kendall updates the morning news with weekend event information from Ellen Thurston and Joan Geitz. 9-10 a.m.
TELL IT LIKE IT IS Sam Sebren interviews Linda Mussman and Ron Puhalski about gay rights. 10 a.m.
AL JAZEERA ENGLISH International news. 11 a.m.
CROSSROADS Alan Skerrett plays jazz, R&B, and more. Noon-2 p.m.
YOUTH RADIO 3:30 p.m.
WGXC AFTERNOON SHOW Antoine Guerlain hosts. 4-7 p.m.
THE JAZZ DISTRUBANCE Cheryl K. hosts. 7 p.m.
69 The Magic Stranger plays psychedelic music from 1969. 9:30 p.m.
TRANSMISSION ART Radio theater, experimental sound, field recordings, radio art, mash-ups, shortwave radio news, and more through 6 a.m. Friday morning.