WGXC-90.7 FM

Bear sculptures to benefit Cairo unveiled

Jun 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Melanie Lekocevic is reporting for the Greenville Pioneer the Cairo Bears Community Art Project unveiled in late May a display of 49 fiberglas bears located in the Greene County towns of Cairo, Round Top, Purling, Acra, South Cairo and South Durham. They will remain on display through Labor Day. The bears will be auctioned off at a gala to be held September 28, and 25 percent of the sale price will go the artist. The remaining 75 percent will benefit the Cairo Development Foundation‘s Main Street Revitalization projects and support projects intended to beautify and improve Cairo. Read the full story in the Greenville Pioneer.