Independence Day celebrations in the Hudson Valley
Jul 03, 2022 12:30 am
Cloey Callahan has a rundown in the Times Union of some of the best fireworks displays in the Hudson Valley. Many local events are returning after the coronavirus pandemic impeded celebrations the last two summers.
- The village of Coxsackie will host a fireworks display at the high school by the baseball field at 9 p.m. on Sun., Jul. 3. Parking will be available in school parking lots and the surrounding area. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating. Information at 518-731-2718.
- Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular on the Walkway Over the Hudson. Food and beverage concessions will be available. Organizers suggest bringing a flashlight to assist with exiting the event. The event begins at 9 p.m. on July 4.
- The town of Cairo’s 4th of July Celebration will be held Mon., Jul. 4, at Angelo Canna Park on Mountain Avenue. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. with food, craft vendors and live music. Children’s fireworks at dusk.
- The Town of Ellenville will hold its annual parade in the hamlet of Napanoch this year, starting at 11 a.m. on the 4th, and fireworks will follow at dusk at the Resnick airport, located at 199 Airport Road in Naponach.
- The annual Independence Day celebration at Clermont is a full day of events and ends with a special firework show. The afternoon kicks off at 1 p.m. with historic re-enactors demonstrating skills such as sewing, weaving and blacksmithing. Later, Members of the 34th Regiment of Foot will demonstrate British Army camp life. The evening features music performances in advance of a fireworks display at dusk. The Clermont State Historic Site is located in Germantown.
- The Kingston July Fourth Celebration includes food, music and activities at T.R. Gallo Waterfront Park, 30 Rondout Landing in Kingston at 9:30 p.m.
- The Saugerties July 4th Fireworks and Parade begins with a parade at 11 a.m. and fireworks at dusk at Cantine Field, Pavilion Street
- Windham’s Good Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration has sidewalk sales, live music and children’s entertainment all day long along Main Street on July 4. Events begin at 2 p.m., fireworks are at dusk on Main Street and at Windham Mountain Resort.