WGXC-90.7 FM

DEC comes through with grants for vehicle charging stations

May 26, 2017 7:45 am

Emilia Teasdale is reporting in The Columbia Paper the towns of Chatham and Ghent have been awarded state grants to install electric car charging stations in the village of Chatham. The stations will be located within the village, which straddles both towns. One charging station will be installed in the Main Street parking lot co-owned by the town and village of Chatham, and the second in the village parking lot off Park Row, located within the town of Ghent. It is not clear how many electric cars will use the chargers. The state Department of Environmental Conservation grants provide funding for installation costs, plus two years of electricity costs incurred by the charging stations. The total cost of the project is $16,000; the state will pay 80 percent and the town pays the remaining 20 percent. Once the contract with the DEC is signed, the stations will be ready to charge cars within six months. There are 757 electric stations and 1,572 charging outlets available to the general public in New York. The town of Greenport has the only other public charging station in the county, at present. It is located in the parking lot of Kohl's Hudson on Fairview Avenue. Read the full story in The Columbia Paper.

Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Contact Info
Mailing: PO Box 13 Acra, NY 12405
Main Office / Acra Studio
(518) 622-2598
WGXC Office
(518) 697-7400
WGXC Hudson Studio
(518) 828-0290
WGXC Feedback
(518) 212-7509 feedback@wgxc.org
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Studio: 5662 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405
WGXC Hudson Studio: 369 Warren St. Hudson, NY 12534