WGXC-90.7 FM

Carbon monoxide leak sends 53 from Schoharie County camp to hospital

Jul 16, 2021 12:33 pm

The Daily Freeman reports about a carbon monoxide leak at a summer camp in Schoharie County sent 53 people to area hospitals on July 15. A leaky gas pipe from a propane hot water heater was blamed for knocking several people unconscious at Boy Zone, an all-boys Jewish summer camp in the town of Jefferson near the border of Delaware and Schoharie counties. “We are immensely thankful that all those who were hospitalized for monitoring were discharged yesterday and are doing fine,” camp office manager Tova Bracha Kohanghadosh wrote in an email Friday. New Jersey-based Oorah, a nonprofit organization that helps Jewish families, runs the camp. The camp was back running as usual later in the day July 15. Read more about this story in the Daily Freeman.