The Mid-Hudson News Network reports
that the lower Hudson Valley measles outbreak moved further north this week with two confirmed cases reported in Sullivan County. There, two local residents are considered to have been contagious from March 4 to March 12. The two patients had traveled to Brooklyn then, public health officials are reporting. “We have one positive measles case and one probable and there is no known community exposure at this time,” Sullivan Public Health Director Nancy DeGraw said. “Staff has been very busy doing the investigation and we are working in conjunction with the state health department.” Previously this year there have been measles outbreaks in Orange and Rockland counties, 147 all told in the state since October. Read the full story at the Mid-Hudson News Network website.