GalVan acquires another landmark building
Feb 24, 2012 12:03 am
GalVan Initiatives Foundation has added 364 Warren to its expanding portfolio of historic Hudson properties. The building located at Warren and Third streets was the site of the city's original jail and has been home to the local newspaper since 1862. GalVan Initiatives was founded by developers T. Eric Galloway and Henry van Ameringen in 2011. Tom Swope, a former real estate broker and the former chair of the city Historic Preservation Commission, along with Supervisor Rick Scalera (D-Hud5) hold key posts in the fledgling organization. In an interview with the Register Star in Dec. 2011, Swope estimated GalVan owned "'30 or 40 properties' in the core of Hudson." In the announcement published Wed., Feb. 22, Tom Casey wrote the Register Star's parent company, Johnson Newspaper Corporation, chose to sell the property after it was "decided the building was much larger than it needed for its operations." The paper is expected to relocate to the JNC property in Catskill, where The Daily Mail is published. Swope did not disclose GalVan's plans for the Warren St. property. Read the full announcement in the Register Star.