WGXC-90.7 FM

GSK plant in Oak Hill is now Haleon

Aug 05, 2022 12:45 am

Liz Montgomery is reporting for Porcupine Soup the GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare division is now officially an independent company following the completion of a demerger in July from the multinational pharmaceutical giant. The new company known as Haleon, pronounced "Hay-Lee-On,” produces a variety of products including Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol and Centrum, among others. All GlaxoSmithKline facilities that produce consumer healthcare brands are now under the Haleon logo. This includes the plant on State Route 145 in Oak Hill that manufactures oral care products. GlaxoSmithKline has not provided details on how the $36 billion demerger will impact plants like Oak Hill, but company sources say business is expected to continue as usual. The Oak Hill facility employs approximately 300 people. Headquartered in England, GlaxoSmithKline officially introduced Haleon to investors in late February. The company is keeping a 20 percent ownership stake in the spinoff with its shareholders receiving the remaining 80 percent. GlaxoSmithKline will maintain the vaccine and pharmaceutical divisions. The Oak Hill properties are still owned by GlaxoSmithKline. Its Consumer Healthcare Holdings division is currently challenging the town of Durham on the assessed value of the 71-acre parcel that includes the 85,000-square-foot plant. The company took legal action on July 27 in Greene County Supreme Court arguing that the $39 million assessed value of the property should be reduced to $10.2 million. Read more at porcupine soup [dot] com.

Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Contact Info
info@wavefarm.org
info@wgxc.org
Mailing: PO Box 13 Acra, NY 12405
Main Office / Acra Studio
(518) 622-2598
WGXC Office
(518) 697-7400
WGXC Hudson Studio
(518) 828-0290
WGXC Feedback
(518) 212-7509 feedback@wgxc.org
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Studio: 5662 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405
WGXC Hudson Studio: 369 Warren St. Hudson, NY 12534