Saugerties gun show back on; will stick 'liberals in the eye '
MidHudson News is reporting that the promoter of a gun show scheduled to take place in Saugerties, who previously agreed to cancel the event, has now changed his mind and will hold the event next weekend, despite the recent mass murders in Buffalo and Uvalde, Texas. On June 9, Mechanicville resident David Petronis, president of the New East Coast Arms Collectors Association, met with Saugerties Town Supervisor Fred Costello and agreed to cancel the show in the wake of the killings. But, on June 11, he reversed himself and issued a statement saying that the show will go on. Petronis initially said that to hold the show “would have been irresponsible and insensitive to all those who recently lost loved ones.” But on June 11, he said the “aggressive turnaround” will create controversy and “the controversy brings the news, the news brings the people.” He added, “...we should get a huge crowd if nothing else from the gun-owning public than just sticking the liberals in the eye with a good show of support for our show." Read more at MidHudsonNews [dot] com.