Coffee machine believed to be cause of eatery fire
Aug 27, 2013 6:49 am
Kyle Adams is reporting in The Daily Mail an electrical fire at Village Pizza II on Main Street in Catskill Mon., Aug. 26, left the restaurant gutted. Firefighters responding to the scene around 8:15 a.m. found the first floor engulfed in flames. Residents of the upstairs apartments and the staff of the adjacent Daily Mail offices were evacuated safely. According to Ed Dolan, assistant chief of the Catskill Fire Department, the fire is believed to have begun in the counter area. A coffee machine was pulled from the debris for inspection. Owners Angelo and Maria LaRosa said intend to rebuild as soon as possible. Main Street was closed to traffic for more than two hours, Monday morning. Read the full story in The Daily Mail.