Kinderhook, Craryville schools have most COVID-19 cases locally
School has been in session for several weeks, but it took until this week for the state of New York to launch a website to track the spread of COVID-19 in schools. The Ichabod Crane schools in Kinderhook lead the area with the most COVID-19 cases, with 34. Only one district, Windham-Ashland-Jewett, did not report any cases. As of Sept. 27 here is how the virus is spreading in local schools:
IN GREENE COUNTY
• Cairo-Durham schools: Four students and one staff member at the elementary school, and three students and one teacher at the middle school have contracted COVID-19.
• Catskill schools: At the elementary school, two students, two teachers, and one staff member have caught the coronavirus. One student at the middle school, and one staff member at the high school have contracted COVID-19.
• Coxsackie-Athens schools: Coxsackie Elementary has five students and one staff member with COVID-19. The Coxsackie-Athens middle school has four students and one teacher with COVID-19. The senior high school has one teacher with COVID-19.
• Greenville schools: Four students at the elementary school, four students at the middle school, and one student at the high school have COVID-19.
• Hunter-Tannersville schools: One student at the elementary school has contracted COVID-19.
• Windham-Ashland-Jewett schools: No cases reported yet.
IN COLUMBIA COUNTY
• Chatham schools: The elementary school reports two student COVID-19 cases, and the middle school reports one.
• Germantown schools: Four students at the Junior-Senior high school have COVID-19.
• Hudson schools: There are four cases of students and one teacher at the elementary school with coronavirus. The middle school has two student cases, and the high school has one.
• Ichabod Crane schools: In Kinderhook, there are more COVID-19 cases than in any other school district. The elementary school has 17 student cases, and one teacher with COVID-19. The middle school has 12 student cases, and the high school has three students, and one staff member with COVID-19.
• New Lebanon schools: The Walter B. Howard Elementary School has two students and one staff member with COVID-19.
• Taconic Hills schools: In Craryville, there are also many cases. The elementary school has three students, one teacher, and five staff members with coronavirus. The Junior/Senior school has seven students with the virus.