Fire destroys O’s Eatery in Chatham
Dec 10, 2018 12:27 am
Daniel Zuckerman reports for Columbia-Greene Media that fire destroyed the O’s Eatery at 309 Rigor Hill Rd. in Chatham on Dec. 8, after a grease fire started in one of the restaurant’s fryers, rising to the ceiling and the vent system. The restaurant, near the Taconic State Parkway, was damaged beyond repair. Everyone evacuated in time and were safe. The Columbia Paper reports that the Ghent, Philmont, Chatham, East Chatham, Craryville, Niverville, North Chatham, Tri-Village, Canaan, and Lebanon Valley fire departments all responded, "and a Hillsdale truck still decked out with Christmas lights from the Copake Holiday Light Parade the same evening," also arrived. Read the full story at HudsonValley360.com.