WGXC-90.7 FM

Coxsackie businesses targeted by $400K grant

Mar 31, 2021 5:45 am

Melanie Lekocevic is reporting for Columbia-Greene Media the Catskill Mountain Housing Development Corporation has been awarded a $400,000 grant to be divided among business owners in Coxsackie's Reed Street District for property renovations. Catskill Mountain Housing will oversee the disbursement of the funds. Similar awards have been made to the group for use by Catskill business owners. “We brought two programs here to Catskill village and we are in the middle of our second round of funding,” Larry Krajeski, Catskill Mountain's executive director, said. “We were approached by some property owners in the Reed Street District asking if we would consider applying for funds for their area.” A committee will now be established to review applications from Coxsackie business owners and then determine how funding will be awarded, Krajeski said. Owners with properties on Reed Street and portions of Mansion, River and New streets are eligible to participate. Roughly nine projects will be funded; support for both interior and exterior renovations will be provided. The program covers 75 percent of a renovation project’s cost, with the business owner covering the remaining 25 percent. The planned renovations will complement the multi-million-dollar project by developer Aaron Flach on South River Street. It includes the construction of a wedding venue, hotel, restaurant and other businesses. Read the full story at HudsonValley360 [dot] com.

Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Contact Info
Mailing: PO Box 13 Acra, NY 12405
Main Office / Acra Studio
(518) 622-2598
WGXC Office
(518) 697-7400
WGXC Hudson Studio
(518) 828-0290
WGXC Feedback
(518) 212-7509 feedback@wgxc.org
Wave Farm / WGXC Acra Studio: 5662 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405
WGXC Hudson Studio: 369 Warren St. Hudson, NY 12534