WGXC-90.7 FM

Hudson restaurant fire quickly brought under control

Dec 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Bill Williams is reporting for Columbia-Greene Media the kitchen at American Glory Barbecue in Hudson was damaged by fire early December 27, city Fire Chief Anthony Demarco said. The city Fire Department was sent by Columbia County 911 to the restaurant located at 342 Warren Street, after the fire alarm sounded just below 12:30 a.m. Arriving firefighters found a working fire in the basement at the rear of the building, where the kitchen is located, Demarco said. The sprinkler system activated, which kept the fire from spreading. The fire began in some debris left on top of a smoker, Demarco said. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly, containing the damage to one wall and part of the ceiling. There were no reported injuries. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. The restaurant reopened for business later that day. Read the full story at HudsonValley360 [dot] com.