Fireworks planned in several communities
Cat Syman in the Times Union rounds up where the fireworks will be going off in the area for the July 4 holiday. Pets and anyone triggered by the sounds of large explosions may use this list to avoid fireworks this week.
• June 30, 6-10 p.m. Albany hosts one of the largest area displays at the Empire State Plaza with Sheila E. performing, and food and beverages.
• July 1, 9:30 p.m. Germantown shoots off fireworks at Palatine Park after a day of live music and more.
• July 2, 7:30 p.m. Windham has a "Good Old Fashioned Fourth of July Celebration" with fireworks at dusk and sidewalk sales, live music, and children’s entertainment during the day along Main Street. • July 2, 9:15 p.m. Saugerties shoots off fireworks at Cantine Field. The Saugerties Fire Department also leads a parade at 11 a.m.
• July 3, 9:15 p.m, Coxsackie's Independence Day Celebration includes a farmers market, food trucks, and live music from James Dykeman and Wyld Blu earlier in the day at Riverside Park.
• July 4, at sunset Riedlbauer’s Resort in Round Top has fireworks, plus an Eagles tribute band, Already Gone, will also perform at Nussy's Bier Garten at the resort.
• July 4, dusk, Cairo's 4th of July Celebration at the Park with children's activities during the day at Angelo Canna Park.
• July 5, dusk, Catskill's 4th of July Celebration at Dutchman’s Landing Park.
• July 6 dusk, East Durham's July 4th Parade & Fireworks is two days after July 4, and starts with a parade at 11 a.m. on Route 145 at the Michael J. Quill Irish Cultural Centre.
• July 6, dusk, Village of Tannersville 4th of July Celebration shoots off fireworks at Rip Van Winkle Lake.