Afrosonic Taxi: Lakou Mizik, Leyla McCalla, Tana Asili
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR.
This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we'll dip into the Caribbean. With hundreds of cultures on more than 700 islands as well as the coastal areas surrounding the Caribbean Sea, this area has a rich African heritage.
1. Watina by Andy Palacio & The Garifuna Collective (Belize)
2. Renmen by Lakou Mizik feat. Preservation Hall Jazz Band (Haiti/USA)
3. Danmbala Elouwe by RAM (Haiti)
4. Lavi Vye Neg by Leyla McCalla (Haiti)
5. Pour Celia Cruz by Dede St. Prix (Martinique)
6. Dale Con Tu Blablabla by La Orquesta la Puntualidad (Puerto Rico)
7. Solid as a Rock by Patko feat. Dean Frazer (Suriname/Jamaica)
8. La Alegria by Tana Asili feat. DJ Johnny Juice (Puerto Rico)
9. Groovy by BelO (Haiti)
10. Se Escaparon by Bombon (Honduras)
11. Fogarate by Juan Luis Guerra et 4.40 (Dominican Republic)
12. Lanmou Nou by Wesli (Haiti)
13. Plere Maria by Hector Barez feat. Chamir Bonano (Puerto Rico)
14. Our History by Anthony Joseph (Trinidad & Tobago)