Afrosonic Taxi: Ekambi Brillant, Stella Chiweshe, Gal Costa
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we'll remember 12 musicians who've left the physical realm in the past year, and honor their lives with music.
1. Lambo Di by Ekambi Brillant (Cameroon)
2. Talali Talala by Verckys & Orchestre Veve (Congo)
3. Varombo Kuvarombo by Thomas Mapfumo (Zimbabwe)
4. Mapere by Stella Chiweshe (Zimbabwe)
5. Beware the Fetish by Kasai Allstars (Congo)
6. Koumba by Tshala Muana (Congo)
7. Guerrilla by Toure Kunda (Senegal)
8. La Culpa by Lazaro Valdes & Bamboleo (Cuba)
9. Yo No Soy Pilon de Machacar by Lalo Rodriguez (Puerto Rico)
10. Que Pena by Gal Costa & Caetano Veloso (Brazil)
11. Abanye Bayombona by Deborah Fraser (South Africa)
12. No Bother No Cry by Walter Gavitt Ferguson (Costa Rica)
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR.
- Who Loves The Sun / The Velvet Underground
- Johnny’s No Good / W. R. L. C.
- Talali Talala / L'Orchestre Veve
- Mapere / Stella Chiweshe
- Beware The Fetish / Kasai Allstars
- Koumba / Tshala Muana
- Guerrilla / Toure Kunda
- La Culpa / Lazaro Valdés y Bamboleo
- Yo No Soy Pilon De Machacar / Lalo Rodríguez
- Que Pena (Ele Já Não Gosta Mais De Mim) / Caetano Veloso
- Abanye Bayombona / Deborah Fraser