Afrosonic Taxi: Echoes of the Congo
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR. This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we're in the mood for rumba. We'll follow the sound of Congolese rumba and it's modern offspring as they have echoed around the world.
1. Nipigie Simu by Samba Mapangala & Orchestra Virunga (Congo/Kenya)
2. Opoungou Andimba by Patience Dabany (Central African Republic)
3. Karola by Remmy Ongala & Orchestre Super Matimila (Congo/Tanzania)
4. Moboli Ya Famile by Tshala Muana (Congo)
5. Laissez Passer by Matchatcha (Congo)
6. Super Sandokan by Mbonda Africa (Congo)
7. Jaloux Jaloux by Colombiafrica " The Mystic Orchestra (Colombia)
8. Prima Donna by Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca (Congo/Cuba/USA)
9. Esengo Ya Ko Bina by Grupo Lokito (Congo/Cuba)
10. Africa Mokili Mobimba by Playing For Change feat. Preservation Hall Jazz Band, TP OK Jazz, Matumona, Jimmy Omunga, Adel Gonzalez, Roberto Carcasses, and others from Cuba, the US and Anguilla (Congo/USA/Cuba)