Afrosonic Taxi: Mali Musow
90.7-FM in NY's Upper Hudson Valley and wgxc.org/listen everywhere
Hosted by DJK from KPSQ-LP in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Host DJK drives listeners through the world of African-influenced music – from night clubs in Dakar to festivals in Bahia, from recording studios in Havana to family compounds on the streets of Lagos. The show follows the African diaspora to South America, the Caribbean and southern Europe, but never strays far from the beat of the mother continent. From KPSQ-LP, Fayetteville, AR. This week in the Afrosonic Taxi, we're featuring the amazing Mali Musow " women singers of Mali.
1. Kandali by Kandia Kouyate (Mali)
2. Ndiyani by Djeneba Seck (Mali)
3. Douga by Ramata Diakite (Mali)
4. Integration by Amy Sacko (Mali)
5. Yala by Oumou Sangare (Mali)
6. Tamala by Aminata Wassidje Traore (Mali)
7. Bonya by Fatoumata Diawara (Mali)
8. Sarama by Amadou & Mariam (Mali)
9. Hala by Khaira Arby (Mali)
10. N'ka Willy by Mamani Keita & Marc Minelli (Mali/France)
11. Djouloufola by Marietou Diabate (Mali)
12. Naigai Koro Sigui by Awa Sangho (Mali)