NYSCA Regrant Programs
MAAF for Organizations
NYSCA in Partnership with Wave Farm
For organizations, MAAF provides funds to support technical strategies for online development as well as to hire outside consultants to support organizational and professional development. Eligible organizations have missions specific to the media arts, dedicate the majority of their programming to technology as an art form, and are current NYSCA grantees. Priority will be given to Electronic Media and Film organizations. Applications from multi-disciplinary organizations that incorporate art and technology will be considered on a case-by-case basis for applications that are specific to their media arts activities.
Opportunity: MAAF Forward Fund for Organizations
NYSCA supported organizations may apply for support in two categories
- Technical Strategies for Online Development
- Outside Consultants for Organizational Development
A maximum request for each application is $2,500. Organizations may submit one request per application deadline. Each application must be for a separate and distinct request.Application Deadlines
- Spring: May 1, 2023
- Fall: October 1, 2023
- Applicants must be a 2022 or 2023 NYSCA Grantee.
- MAAF eligible organizations have missions specific to the media arts, dedicating the majority of their programming to technology as an art form. Priority will be given to Electronic Media and Film organizations.
- Applications from multi-disciplinary organizations that incorporate art and technology will be considered on a case-by-case basis for applications that are specific to their media arts activities.
- Please note that MAAF defines media arts as creative expression in all genres of time-based and moving image media, including emergent technology. Activities where technology/platforms such as radio or the Internet is employed solely as a communications medium for expressions in other genres such as dance, folk arts, music, literature, and theatre are not considered eligible.
- Meals and hospitality are not eligible for MAAF support.
- Funding may not be used for travel outside of New York State.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Organizations may not apply for new support with more than one other MAAF grant contract currently active. (i.e. in-progress or without a Final Report having been filed.)
Technical Strategies for Online Development
Launched in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, the MAAF Forward Fund helped organizations prioritize the role of technology in their transitions to remote operations and to online platforms for public engagement. In 2023, MAAF continues to support these activities with an eye toward research, planning, and implementation of long-term solutions.
Outside Consultants for Organizational Development
MAAF provides funds to hire outside consultants to support organizational and professional development. Consultants must be identified in advance of submitting an application for support.
Applications Must Be Submitted Online
Wave Farm uses the online platform Submittable for the MAAF Artists application submission process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to carefully and comprehensively read the information on this page before submitting an application. Please contact Wave Farm at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Once you have registered with Submittable, you will have access to the online submission form.
Application Preview PDF
While your application must be submitted online, you may access a preview of the form via this link.