MAAF for Individual Artists
Distribution / Exhibition Support
NYSCA Electronic Media/Film in Partnership with Wave Farm
The goal of MAAF Distribution / Exhibition Support is to ensure completed works are experienced by public audiences. Funds are available for projects, finished during the most recent calendar year, that demonstrate a practical distribution plan, appropriate to the completed work and the intended public context. The successful applicant will submit a detailed distribution strategy and plan, as well as identify intended exhibition venue(s), and audience(s).
- Works-in-progress (including works in post-production) are not eligible for Distribution/Exhibition Support. See Completion Support.
- Distribution plans that entail production at any level, including works that are performative, are not eligible.
- Applicants may not apply to MAAF Completion and Distribution/Exhibition funds in the same year.
- Applicants who receive MAAF Completion support may apply for Distribution/Exhibition support of the same project in the following year.
- IMPORTANT: If you have not already reviewed General Eligibility Notes for MAAF Artists. Please do so here.
2021 Application: Available Fall 2020
- Applications will be reviewed by Wave Farm staff for eligibility, completeness, and guideline compliance.
- Eligible applications are then reviewed by a peer panel comprised of NYS media arts professionals.
- The peer review panel convenes in February/March, and funding recommendations are based on panel review ratings.
- Panel ratings/recommendations are then reviewed by Wave Farm and NYSCA EMF in March for final determination.
- All applications and proposals will be reviewed in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the NYSCA Electronic Media/Film program.