MAAF for Individual Artists
Distribution / Exhibition Support
NYSCA Electronic Media & Film in Partnership with Wave Farm
The goal of MAAF Distribution / Exhibition Support is to ensure completed works are experienced by public audiences. Funds are available for projects, finished during the most recent calendar year, that demonstrate a practical distribution plan, appropriate to the completed work and the intended public context. The successful applicant will submit a detailed distribution strategy and plan, as well as identify intended exhibition venue(s), and audience(s).
- Works-in-progress (including works in post-production) are not eligible for Distribution/Exhibition Support. See Completion Support.
- Distribution plans that entail production at any level, including works that are performative, are not eligible.
- Applicants may not apply to MAAF Completion and Distribution/Exhibition funds in the same year.
- Applicants who receive MAAF Completion support may apply for Distribution/Exhibition support of the same project in the following year.
Applications Must Be Submitted Online
Wave Farm uses the online platform Submittable for the MAAF Artists application submission process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to carefully and comprehensively read the information below as well as on the MAAF for Individual Artists introduction page before submitting an application. Please contact Wave Farm at email@example.com with questions.
Once you have registered with Submittable, you will have access to the online submission form. A PDF preview of the application form is available here.
- Applications will be reviewed by Wave Farm staff for eligibility, completeness, and guideline compliance.
- Eligible applications are then reviewed by a peer panel comprised of NYS media arts professionals.
- The peer review panel convenes in February/March, and funding recommendations are based on panel review ratings.
- Panel ratings/recommendations are then reviewed by Wave Farm and NYSCA EMF in March for final determination.
- All applications and proposals will be reviewed in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the NYSCA Electronic Media & Film program.